Community solar provides the benefits of renewable energy without the upfront costs.
Community solar is a program for the community! Instead of the solar farm creating revenue by selling the energy to the utility, consumers and businesses buy the energy through a subscription. People subscribe to the energy created in the solar farm that offsets the power they use. The utility recognizes each subscriber as providing clean power to the grid and the subscriber receives credits that, in many cases, zero out the existing utility bill.
Subscribers pay the community solar company for the electricity produced by their subscription at a cheaper rate than the credit. The net of both electricity bills is less than a bill without solar credits.
- Save 5-10% on your electric bill
- No upfront costs
- Lower your carbon footprint
- Support your local economy and green energy jobs
- Differentiate your business by using 100% renewable electricity
- Support Maryland-based renewable energy